our Partners in Training
We truly hope that by the time you get to read about us, that you have a strong feeling and appreciation for who we are and what we stand for –
- we LOVE dogs
- in our personal lives we adore being active, responsible dog owners in every social scenario imaginable
- we believe that through positive reward training, you can change the behaviour of your pet dog and open up a new world to your life together
- we are your partners – once we have identified and agreed to our joint goals for you and your pet we will guide, nurture, tutor and mentor you throughout your training
Our Support Instructors and Assistants
Supporting us is a group of dedicated and qualified instructors, as well as assistants, some of whom are in the process of obtaining their Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services or other highly recognised qualifications such as through the Competency Assessment Program (CAP). All share our passion and values and are a wonderful group of people dedicated to bringing a much closer relationship between owners and their dogs.
As a Team
We have a shared commitment.
- we are totally committed to teaching owners how to train their dogs in a kind, humane way. Through our experience we know that this will ultimately improve their human – animal bond and their quality of life – by opening up a broad and exciting range of new experiences.
We never stop learning.
- through our affiliation with The Delta Institute, The Pet Professional Guild and the Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals, we have access to the most updated information and studies around behavioural training for dogs. We will constantly review the content and delivery of our training programs as new information and tested practices come to hand,
- most of our team are members of some or all of the following, The Delta Institute, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers Australia, the Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals and The Pet Professional Guild and are pro-active in the behavioural training and pet dog training fraternity in Australia and regularly attend conferences and seminars etc. to ensure best practice methods are used.
To work with you and your pet dog/s to endeavour to understand your needs and to identify which of our programs and services will:
- help to build and reinforce positive and consistent behaviours in your pet dog in all social situations
- help to arm you with the knowledge and skills you require to build a strong belief in yourself as a truly competent, confident and responsible pet dog owner
- help to provide a foundation of trust and respect resulting in a closer human - animal bond.
We take a philosophical and holistic approach to our training. We acknowledge that your pet dogs:
- genetic pre-disposition
are not mutually exclusive and impact in varying degrees on your pet dog’s behaviour and learning ability.
Our Code of Ethics
As a team we are united behind the desire for professionalism in what we do. To this end we follow the Code of Ethics as set down by the Delta Institute, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers Australia and the Pet Professional Guild.